Saturday, November 22, 2008

Keeping up with the Putnams- The spirit lives on



The Putnam genes continue to have a tendancy toward twins. Here is the report from Jenny about the recent birth of the twin girls born to her and RJ. (If anyone has trouble keeping up with the Putnams (it's hard enough keeping up with the Jones side of the family), Jenny is Jack & Linda's daughter).





"Hello. RJ and I had our baby girls a little over two weeks ago, and I wanted to make sure your family knew because we named our first twin after Aunt Hazel – using her middle name, Corinne. I understand hers may have been spelled with one “n”. I looked it up and with one or two ns, it’s pronounced the same (Ko-rin), which we really love. When I found out at the funeral that was your mom’s middle name, I mentioned to Linda that we might use it. Aunt Hazel meant a lot to me and my mom of course, and it’s special to us for one of our daughters to have a tie to such a wonderful woman.





Natalie’s middle name, “Marie” is after RJ’s grandma and mom. Both girls are doing very well. We’re fighting for sleep, particularly given that Julia’s schedule continues on.

Corinne Ryan 6lbs 10oz at 9:46 a.m.

Natalie Marie 5lbs 1oz at 9:47 a.m.

Election Day, November 4, 2008"

I don't recall Mom ever saying where the name Corine came from. Maybe brother John or Uncle John know. I'm speculating that it may have been derived from Cornelius, the patriarch who brought the Putnams to Michigan. Or maybe it just sounded good to Dewey & Louise.

I am very moved that Jenny and RJ remembered and honored mom in this way.

No comments: